I missed talking to you this weekend! Life has been super busy with work and unfortunately for me, I lost my weekend pretty much due to having to pull another shift on Saturday to cover for someone. Wah Wahhh…
One day is just not enough in my opinion. I just feel like if you only have one day off it’s like you didn’t have any time at off at all because you still have some errands to run during your off days and to than to try to fit in something you have been looking forward to doing…Good luck.
Do you feel the same way?
So I have some catching up with you all as I’m sure you have missed my rambling on. 😉
- Totally didn’t even know it was St. Patty’s Day until I heard other people talking about their kegger partays all giddy like. Guess that’s what happens when you don’t drink. #CouldntCareLess. Hey, I will rock some green to the gym bright and early tomorrow for those still too hung over to get out of the bed. 😉 PS. Not trying to come off judgmental. No seriously, it’s just not my thing, others can do as they please.
- On the topic of St. Patty’s Day, Happy Birthday to my Grandpa. 🙂
- My boyfriend and I randomly chattered about reincarnation over our dinner date on Friday. Interesting dinner conversation eh? Do you believe in reincarnation or do you think you only live once?
- If you were to come back as any animal, what would it be and why? All the “nature’s a tough world and you would probably not last long” realistic thoughts aside, at the moment the first animal that came to mind was a butterfly. Beautiful, peaceful and free. The caterpillar has quite the challenge of gaining enough fuel to be able to survive the transformation to it’s flying self. If, and only if, they succeed can they morph into the butterfly, take off and fly away from all they once knew and take on new adventures. Kinda cool when you think about it.
- Would Netrition HURRY UP with my order?!?! I have chocolate Nuts n’More a’coming (protein peanut butter I had before) and their new TOFFEE flavour (no canola in this one too! YAY I can eat it) too. Hello! Peanut butter addict needs her peanut butter….not that I don’t have enough nut butters in my fridge as it is…
- Every once and a while it occurs to me how much I take the things my body can do for granted. Today this thought resurfaced when I saw an elderly lady struggle to make it up the step on the bus while on my way to work. It makes me wonder how I am going to feel when my body is not at the level my mind is at anymore. How hard must it be to accept the fact that your body just can’t do simple tasks as it used to anymore? #RealityCheck #LoveYouBody #TreatItWithRespect
- My beautiful nails that I got done on Sunday chipped on Monday morning in the gym and now look like a total trainwreck. This is why I don’t have nice things…
Awww yeah! Despite being super busy I had a major baking itch that needed to be scratched as my new Cellucor Red Velvet Cake Batter whey came in the mail. No, I have never actually tried red velvet before. Yes, I still bought it because it sounded cool. YES IT TASTES REALLY REALLY GOOD!
Verdict. They turned out super fudgey and delicious despite being sugarless, high fiber and protein, made with squash and gluten free. Pat on the back for me. Recipe with be up tomorrow as part of #MakeItBakeItMonday’s with Chelsea and Kelly on IG.
Instagram also inspired two other baking/cooking experiments as well. The first was for my boyfriend as I knew he would love the idea of…
Thanks to Tony over at The Fit Bald Man for this amazing idea!
I made mine very similar to Tony by simply using a Flatout wrap, spreading it with nutbutter (one was crunchy almond butter, the other was crunchy peanut butter), filling it with fruit (banana and strawberries) and rollin it up. From there, you cut it into sushi rolls, drench it in your standard french toast batter (a few egg whites, U/S almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla) and ‘fry’ it up in a lil coconut oil to get it nice and crispy on the outsides. Voila! Simple and quite frankly, awesome. Oh, I also stole is idea for making one wrap a tempura style one by rollin the rolls in shredded coconut before frying. IMPORTANT NOTE: To eat, use chopsticks and dip in maple syrup!
Although mine aren’t nearly as pretty as Tony’s, my boyfriend absolutely LOVED them. What’s really awesome is that these are totally customizable too! You could change the filling. Make a sauce to drizzle on top. Add some chia or cacao nib ‘fish eggs’ on top for some crunch. The options are unlimited.
Next on the boyfriend’s breakfast menu will be Tony’s fruity spring rolls. 😀 Stay tuned!
The last inspiration came from Miss Krystal over at Spoonful Of Fit. She made a delicious lookin Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Bread and it put me in the mood to make my own. Of course, I completely made my own version but her post simply reminded me that it had been a long time since I had my share of protein rich nanner bread. I really love bananas…
- Cuz pistachios are delish
- Cuz who wants to be the same as everyone else
- Cuz pistachios are green and it’s St. Patty’s Day weekend.
During my one day off I did manage to go out for a nice din-din date with my boyfriend before he left for Toronto for the weekend to do some shooting. We went out for Thai at a really yummy place on James Street called Ben Thanh Viet Thai. I love Thai (minus the sodium) because all I get is veggies and seafood. Dream dish right there. What else is there to life? Okay I would need my squash…and peanut butter…and quest bars….But this is really what I like! 😛
Where’s your favourite datenight spot? I will say that I was really craving Chucks to have them redeem themselves from the last time, but this was super yum.
What’s a random thought you have come up with lately?
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening friends!