Pancakes can make every day a lil better no?
Well, my housemate wasn’t feeling the greatest a few mornings ago so I decided to do what I do best and get my tushie in the kitchen to whip up something to lift her spirits.
A plate full of fluffy, tender patty-cakes full of caramelized banana and some slighty-naughty chocolate chips.
They did their job well as she was full of smiles as she slathered some natural honey on top and ate it with her finger’s.
Incredibly simple to make and for not that much batter, you get a four cake tower! Now thats what I call happiness.
Gluten free (if you use certified GF oats) and made without a drop or sprinkle of sugar because that spotty death looking banana truly is a sweetheart despite it’s dark demeanour 😉
Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
~1/4 cup oat flour + 2 Tbsp rolled oats
~1 egg (or an do an egg white)
~1 medium RIPE banana
~1/2-1 Tbsp natural almond butter
~1/4 cup almond/cashew/milk of choice
~1 tsp Vanilla extract
~1tsp baking powder
~1-2 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional but for chocoholics its kinda mandatory..)
1. Mash 3/4 of the banana in a bowl.
2. Whip in the egg, almond butter, vanilla extract and milk of choice.
3. Add your dry ingredients minus the banana and chocolate chips. If the batter is way too thick, you may need a tbsp or 2 more of liquid but that depends on the size of the banana. Batter should be not runny, rather, pourable-but-spreadable
4. Heat a large non stick pan in medium. Add a bit of coconut oil.
5. Take 1/4 of the batter and plop into the pan forming a thick pancake. You can make two or more per pan depending on your flipping skills.
6. Slice you banana and place some slices and some chocolate chips on each cake.
7. Pop on a lid and let it cook low and slow until the bottom is golden and firm. NOTE These won’t bubble.
8. Flip and let cook for about a minute more without the lid. Remove from the pan.
9. Re-spray your pan and make pancakes out of the remaining batter using the same method.
10. Voila all done!
Top with whatever you would like. Honey, maple syrup, more fruit, etc, etc.
I hope you enjoy!
I missed fat Tuesday by a long shot, but hey, I play by my own rules.