Friends! Today has been a really great day thus far and to share that happiness with you I thought I would jump into the link up party …
1. I’m sorry I’m happy while everyone down south is angry AF still post election. But we won’t get into that because politics is just something you don’t touch.
2. My lifts…omg I amaze myself. The small increases I do with my coach every two weeks are lighting me up like a firecracker I kid you not. I started to wonder why I’m progressing so much faster strength wise now than I was with my previous coach. At that time I was getting much, MUCH larger increases compared to now and, yes, I was progressing, but not at this rate.
I thought about it hard and figured it’s probably having to do with the fact that my system is healing itself now. Back earlier in the year, it was overwhelmed being overfed and dealing with all the health problems (cough parasites..) and so I think that with those dealt with (I hope!) my body is now less stressed and less inflamed so perhaps now during this healing process it’s just going to get better and better.
So those PR’s…Excuse me while I grin like a crazy person…I’m just so happy about them!
~I squatted 4×3, 1×5 135lb back squats this past Friday. Thats up 1 whole set and 1 rep from last week. NOTE that this may small but its actually about 1.6x my bodyweight. My goal is 4×8 by Xmas. Getter!
~100lb DL this morning. DL have always been my weakest lift, so I was pretty damn proud of this lift, especially since I have felt stalled for a few weeks
~30lb DB shoulder presses this Saturday
~135lb Rack pull for 5
~135lb barbell hip thrusters.
~100lb barbell lunges for sets of 8
So yeah, excuse my pride face..
3. Started off my morning right today with news that I had gotten a 90% on my clinical midterm. Once again I was terrified to check because everyone else was spouting about how bad they felt they did. I need to learn to trust my gut.
4. On the topic of marks, 88% for Metabolism and another 90% in Nutrition Assessment ain’t too shabby either.
5. I managed to finish a Clinical assignment in 1.5 hours on Saturday. Holler at that productivity.
6. I have been writing training plans for my housemate and she told me how thankful she was for them because she has never felt so good about herself.
Gym = more confidence in everything! Its not just about aesthetics.
7. This will be my 4th blog post this week!
8. I welcomed myself back into vlogging! I’m so happy to be back.
9. I have done the monkey work for my Master/Internship applications. Goals for the next two weeks is to crack down on those letters of intent/cover letters
10. Wrote a leg routine for two people at the gym and they absolutely loved it. I than so graciously received a Tims gift card, which was totally not needed or asked for but she insisted. So nice.
11. I made a peanutty version of these cookies and everyone loved them!
12. I reconnected with a friend who moved away this year (Oh hey Cass if you’re reading this). It was so nice to hear from her and catch up!
13. One of my clients told me that he was so happy that he found me because I have helped him so much. Daaawww
14. Finally took my ass to Canadian Tire to get a spare key for my Dad. Than I got an even cooler key so my Dad gets the boring original…
I swear I am an adult. Can I call it Mighty Mouse?
PS please ignore the U.G.L.Y callouses on my hands…gym problems.
14. Three people have told me that I’m looking strong! I’m growing friends!
15. I left the gym on Friday feeling a sense of complete and utter bliss. I had trained my ass off that morning, hit my squat PR, trained both a client and my housemate and spent 1.5 hours trying to eat my post workout because everyone was chatting with me. I just feel like I’m supposed to be there. I’m supposed to help others and give information. It was a great feeling. Passion, I like you.
16. I forced my housemates to enter the Christmas season nice and early with me by putting these on their doors ;-).. Spread a lil love…
And with the spirit of Xmas now in our hearts, I will end it here. Overall a great week filled with a lot of great things. Heres to further growth and positivity my friends!
Thanks again to Meghan for giving me a platform to share my successes and happy moments of the week.
What is one success or happy moment you experienced this week?