So after my steak of blogging like every day, a week has gone by and I feel like I haven’t given you your dose of rambles in like FOREVER! Being back in school and adjusting to a new routine has kept this lilmissfitnessfreak quite busy over the last week. Still making slight adjustments here and there and still feeling that ‘back at it’ fatigue from having to be walking around in 400lbs of layers+ laptop+backpack+food for literally 12 hours a day for Monday-Wednesday but hopefully my body gets back into the swing of things soon.
Confession 1. I had a really hard time accepting the fact that the first 3 days of the week I would not be able to nap in the afternoon. There’s an adult for ya.
So what’s been going on with you all?
For me, here are some updates:
1. I’m excited about my clinical nutrition course. You know it’s your thing when you’re kinda excited to see what journal article readings are posted for a given week of lectures. This class is even one of those 8:30’s that everyone hates too!
2. There always has to be something to not look forward to though…Tomorrow in our lab associated with said class, we are doing blood sugar testing. This is totally cool except for the the fact that I have to prick myself and I hate, repeat…HATE needles. Oh boy.
3. I really don’t like coming home from class so late. Like it bugs me to have to come home and rush around to make dinner as fast as possible because I’m ready to eat someones arm. But maybe I’m just a complainer.
4. I haven’t been really updating you all on my experiences with my coach lately but I will say that I’m getting yet another increase this week. Ugh I don’t know where those calories are gunna go. Can it be over yet?
5. On a similar note, things are looking up as people are continuing to say that my face is looking a wee bit better. Any lil thing helps right? Full steam ahead.
6. It’s the time for summer job hunting. I applied for a paid summer research position at my school, specifically it’s a URA, and guess what? I sent in my application Sunday night when the system for submitting opened Monday morning. Received an email back that morning asking to meet up to discuss the position NEXT WEEK! Weeeooo. Things are looking potentially promising as the actually interviewing is actually supposed to start a month from now. Don’t I feel special? 😉
7. As cool as my Restaurant Management Course (ie. running a restaurant) is, my irritation started to form when these words came out of his mouth the first day..
“I’m a 70’s guy. I start you off with a 70 and you can either go up or down from there. I don’t give that many 80’s and I can count the number of 90’s I’ve given. If you get a 90, you’re basically doing better then me (the prof)..”
That bugs me beyond words not just because my marks mean a lot to me and I’m trying to get into a masters program, but it’s the the fact that despite working your ass off in the restaurant you should really only expect ‘average.’
8. Speaking of the Restaurant Course, today marks the first day in the kitchen cookin it up. Should be fun if I can wake myself up…ugh 5:30’s -_-
9. Random but I took a cue from my housemate and wore a pretty bra this morning since it’s my rest day…and just because. Girls you know that makes you feel cuter.
Happy Tuesday Friends! Hope your week is going great 😀