I’m uber excited about today because I got my normal Sunday open shift covered to venture down to TO for the Toronto ProSuperShow Expo!
How exciting is that?!?
If you are unsure about what this event is, check out their website here. It’s basically a bodybuilding expo filled with sponsors of big supplement companies, representatives (possibly lookin for new recruits for their teams) and a bunch of powerlifting/strongman/fitness/etc shows. So as a whole is pretty much any gymrats fantasy for a few reasons…
- If you are looking to hop on stage anytime soon here’s your chance to either see what its like and how judging is done OR jump on up to their stage and get some feedback
- Networking. If you are looking for supplement representation than this is the perfect spot for you to do it as there are at least 50 different big name companies with booths set up.
- Enjoy the competitions. I know there are some fitness model competitions set up along with more active ones like strongman, power lifting and even a boxing match I believe.
- Chat with other fitness buffs and bodybuilders + possibly run into a few famous fitness models and go snap happy
And finally, and probably the most important thing is…
I have always wanted to go to one of these expos but I always end up missing them. This year though, I was determined to attend even if I only heard it was in town a mere two days ago. The scramble to get work covered will be well worth it I’m sure!
Free protein anyone?
Weeeoooo! Details will come in a later post I promise. 😀
Now onto regular scheduling. What up Arman?
This weeks set of questions for Spill It, Sundays is brought to us all by Miss Spoons over at Running with Spoons. Thanks Amanda!
Let us begin. Oh and don’t forget to check out The Big Man’s World for all of the other blogger’s entry’s on this fine Sunday.
1. If you had to move to another country, where would you move and why?
Oh that would be a place like Turks and Caicos if you’re wondering. Love me some hot, sunny, beautiful beach livin!
Okay okay so that would be a real fantasy I suppose. To be more realistic about where I would wanna park myself for many a years, I would say Cali. Still get my beaches, my sunshine and my heat BUT it also allows for me to…ya know, get a job perhaps. Ooooh RD or RD/personal trainer to the stars? Am I dreamin there? 😛
2. Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
I grew up in da burbs and once you are past the age of ten, things can get pretty dull. I can only imagine it being worse when stationed out in the middle of no where. No offense to those who love it out there, but for me, the person who always needs to be doing something and movin and groovin, I would feel trapped.
On the other hand seeing this every day…
…would not be my ideal either. Hello Bay Street in Toronto where there is a permanent cold snap with a hint of lackluster emotion and “I don’t give a crap about you” attitude. Exaggeration? Only slightly. Oh the
suites financial district.
So I need some middle ground. I like having lots of things to do, which is what you get in the city BUT I also need people to be a lil bit more relaxed, friendly and happy, which is more so seen in the burbs and the country.
So I’m stumped.
3. If you could try out any job for a week, what would you like to try?
Call me boring but I would love to see my dream job in action. A Registered Dietician at work.
As for where I want to set myself up, I’m not 100% sure yet BUT I have thought about either exercise and bodybuilding OR eating disorders. Two very extreme areas of work but both very interesting to work with.
4. What are the first 5 things you do when you wake up in the morning?
Find a show to entertain myself with while nommin.
Facebookin before gymin.
Breakfast. The most important part of the morning, yes?
Typical morning of a gymrat no?
5. Tell me your deepest, darkest secret. Or at least something that most people don’t know about you.
Pshhh just one? I gots 10. Check’em out here.
6. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
Stop caring so much about what others have to say or think about what you do. I really wish that this advice would have sunken into my hard head when I was in my teens because I look back and find it sad how NOT confident I truly was. You will never ever be happy if you worry too much others. You are not living their life or their dreams. Find your love and run with it.
7. What are some of your favourite books?
…What’s a book?
…but actually, I don’t really read. You’re ashamed of me now aren’t you? If I do read, its blogs or articles online that generally have to do with health and fitness related stuff. Yes, I’m that predictable.
A book that does actually stick out in the my mind as being a favourite of my younger self was called Animal Heroes and I read and thoroughly enjoyed every page. Amazing stories about animals that had risked their own lives to save their best friends: Their owners. What’s not to love? All my fellow animal lovers would understand me…
Childhood favourites included Thomas’s Snowsuite and any other of Robert Munsch’s books. That man=genius. My mind is brain-farting right now and I can’t think of any others.
8. If you were going to write a book, what would it be about?
How to be strong, for shorties. 😀
9. Name three things hanging out in your fridge door.
- Fish oils. Necessity! Hint hint, nudge nudge, everyone should be supplementing with these guys, just sayin.
- Egg whites. Proatmeal necessity.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk. Same as above.
I’m sure you expected peanut butter to be in that list didn’t you?
Well my peanut butter jar is so big that it don’t fit in that lil fridge door shelf…
10. What do you want to be remembered for?
Helping to inspire others. That is the most uplifting and fulfilling feeling anyone could ever want.
So I can’t hold in my excitement anymore. I anxiously await Chaunda’s pickup and to whisk us off to the Expo and I will chatter at you all lata times 😀
Enjoy your Sunday!