Just poppin in with a workout routine for ya! Let me tell you, I felt like I was going to die during this workout no joke. You have heard it before, but I like to murder my legs during my Thursday stem day and well today was no exception. I literally collapsed during wall sits today when Vince (one of my ‘professional’ spotters) told me to do a drop set for my last one. Legs D.E.A.D.
Oh and the tears part of this post’s title? Do you ever feel as if you loose control of your face muscles when you are straining super hard? I call it my ‘squeamish face’ (yes it happens often enough I have a name for it). That face you don’t want to see. That face that is just spasming all over the place (great image eh?). On top of that, today uncontrollable tear duct filling occurred after the completion of those wall sits as I sat on the ground. Good thing was the fact that the fluids stayed put in those ducts rather than trickling down my face. I really wasn’t crying I swear! There ain’t no crying in the gym! Even if tears had occurred, it would have been completely out of my control. Weird.
….and that’s why you don’t wear fancy-shmancy make-up to the gym folks!
Anywho, here she is:
- Warmed up dat core (as usual, it was upper/lower core day) with some weighted knee ups (+drop set for each one) super set with weighted decline sit-ups (+final drop set). Three total rounds
- Still workin with the 60 and 65lb DB (alternating sides) for walking lunges. I warm up with no weight, then 30lbs and then complete 5 sets with the 125lbs theeeennn finally finish my last set off with a drop set using 40lb DBs
- For my wall sits, I’m workin with 5 45lb plates on my lap for about 1-1:15 minutes for 4 sets. Today, I decided to be crazy and super set those in with regular barbell squats (still heavy-140lbs). Mistake? We shall see tomorrow…
- Oh and that dropset of death...So I have 5 plates on me. Vince took one off after 30seconds, then another after 20 more seconds, same with the next one and I was trying to make it to 2 minutes total (I would have had one plate left by that point) but I failed. Basically this is what happened: 2nd last plate came off. I’m starting to cave. “Vince GET THIS PLATE OFF ME!” Leg’s gave out and I proceeded to slide down the wall onto my butt. Leg fail. Literally.
- My final burn-out of quad extensions and cable kickbacks (one leg at a time) were completed in about 8 minutes tops.
- Foam rolling and stretching followed after I crawled my way to the change room to eat my post-workout protein muffin.
DONE and DONE!
I’m going to be sorry tomorrow me thinks.
But, before I leave you. I will show you some fuel. Normally I show you what I ate before (ie. my beautiful proats) BUT today I will show you my lunch that I used to fuel up afterwards.
NOTE: This is my second meal following my workout. Immediately following training I have my protein muffin. Carbs and protein in that one, lil to no fat to slow down the absorption of those first two macros as they need to get into your muscles FAST! Post-post workout, or lunch in my case, is still high on carbs, good amount of protein and lower fats.
Big ol’ bowl of gluten-free red jasmine rice pasta (Explore Asian brand that I mentioned in this post) with tons of veggies, roasted turkey/chicken breast meat, a uber simple spicy tomato sauce and my homemade basil pesto. Sprinkled with a bit of nooch.
Cuz Carbz were required.
Oh and on a side note. It took me a bit of time to try out this pasta as I was scared how my tummy would react to it. So far it has been fab! I have been eating it quite a bit because it seems to sit nicer than anything else right now (no gas/bloat/etc…TMI sorry). Maybe this is because it’s more processed? I’m still eating only brown jasmine rice (like I always have) and water, as those are the only two ingredients, but my tummy seems to accept it more than even just the rice. Perhaps the process of making it into pasta makes it easier for my to digest…? I Dunno. Don’t care. It’s good. 🙂
Have a terrific Thursday night friends!
What’s your favourite leg exercise?
Are you a pasta fan?