Happy Friday to you all!
I have a lot of random things to post about so I decided to dump them all right here and now. Hope you don’t mind. 😉
How did you start your morning off today?
Mine started off with a good ol’ shoulder and delt workout.
My beloved…Quest-ified…Banana filled…Nut butter topped…
Just the fuel I needed to get me through my workout.
Random Thought #1: I’m really lovin Arnold presses lately. I really feel like they are hittin all 3 heads of my shoulders and I’m seeing some definition in my delts starting to show up. Even my boyfriend noticed! Happy girl 😀
Random Thought #2: My new Artisana raw cashew butter is liquid gold. I mean look at it. LOOK AT IT!
Any new PR’s lately for all my workout junkies?
I finally feel like some of my strength is coming back after my 3 week sickness streak. Thank gawd! Working at about 90% of my max for the past lil bit was getting frustrating! Another boost in the carbs department may be helping with that too…
Yesterday’s leg workout: PR’ed on walking lunges with 125 pounds for 5 sets of 6 reps each leg. Wooo. Only up five pounds from my previous max BUT it’s 125lbs for a lil girl people! 😀
Confession…I may have only tried this because there was only 1 60lb dumbbell on the rack. Since I refuse to drop my weight down (especially for my first 5×5 set!) I did one 60 and one 65 and just rotated the weights on my shoulders for each set.
Random Though #3: Doing different weights, even only 5lbs, really shows you muscle imbalances. Oh hey weaker right leg.
Fabulous eats lately?
Both my lunch…
…were ON POINT! I spied a lobster tail on sale for 2.99 so I nabbed that for my lunch. I also grabbed some trout just cuz that sounded delish as usual and topped it with some basil pesto that I had made just an hour before to add to my usual favourite sides for a nice dinner to myself. Andre is in Toronto shooting for today and tomorrow and since I have today and tomorrow off, I like to have nice food. Cooking for one should never be boring!
Basil Pesto (Oil-Free)
In a blender toss in:
- 3 large bunches of fresh basil
- Few tbsp of lemon juice
- Few cloves of fresh garlic
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Chili flakes to taste
- Enough water to get’er whizzin
Simple as that! Now I make mine oil free so I can top anything with it, including post-workout proteins and grains (where you are not supposed to consume fats as it slows down digestion of the important nutrients -carbs and protein- to the muscles) but feel free to add…
- Olive oil-makes it creamier
- Walnuts/Pine nuts– makes it richer
- Cheese (Parmesan generally is called for)- again, makes it richer and smoother
Random Thought #4: Pesto makes everything better!
Overall I had a really productive day!
- I went to the farmers market which is always enjoyable for me
- Got my poor bike tuned up. She was lookin a bit rough. Lil bit of oil, tires pumped and new brake pads were required so she got quite a job done her. Despite the 60 bucks I had to fork out, she rides reallllll smooth now. 😀
- Annnnnd I had a request for some more donuts by one of my “professional spotters” at the gym the other day and I promised they would be brought in nice and early at the gym tomorrow during my sessionHe is quite the lover of the good ol’ oatmeal raisin cookie so he requested a healthy version in donut form. If they are well recieved (I can’t try them as they are not gluten free) tomorrow I will post the recipe soon!
Hope you enjoy your Friday evening friends!
Are you a fan of raisins? I used to be an addict but will admit I haven’t had a single one in years.
Do you like going to the farmers market? Favourite purchases?