So I’m super busy over here BUUUUT I didn’t want to miss out on the WIAW partay once again this week so I have prepared a sum up of my nomz over the past few weeks (as I was away for two weeks…sadface) using the cool online photo collage maker, PicMonkey. Hope you enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the partay-goers over at Miss Jen’s blog, Peas and Crayons and OMG send some love to the new chickpea cutie. Super huge congrats Jen on the arrival of the lil one! Future foodie in the making 😉
Okay here we go!
Some love for my BowlOfStuff! Shoutout to Leah Peters for inspiring this hash tag on Instagram
- Bulgar wheat, swiss chard sautee (curry, onion, garlic, chili powder) with cremini mushrooms, grilled marlin-veggie kabob (so good!) dressed in my basil pesto and avocado
- Post workout bowl of stuff. Sautee of tilapia, shrimp, brussels, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, garlic, chili powder, curry powder (yes I’m obsessed) and japanese purple sweet taters all drizzled with sriracha
- Baked chipotle (Ms. Dash) tilapia, shrimp, bulgar, zucchini-broccoli sautee (with same curry/chili/onion/garlic blend) and avocado somewhere in there
- On repeat but with tuna instead of tilapia
- Restday cinnamon swirl (a la Cellucor) eggy-chia proats with banana, carob chips and peanut butta (of course!)
- Peanut butter on Peanut butter! Pre-workout proats with pb marshmellow cellucor whey, 1/2 a peanut butter supreme Quest bar (baked and raw), banana and peanut butta
- My favourite preworkout proats! Banana, peanut butta and a cookie dough quest bar
- Blueberries this time for pre-workout! Also never tried the berry Quest bar and it was pretty good! Peanut butta added obviously
Lets pause for a moment to give some further love to my new find…ok so this is nothing new for everyone else BUT it’s my first time trying it because I could never find one with sugar in the ingredients list.
OMG Kombucha! Instant love despite many people saying this flavour was too greeny. I bleed greens peoples so I lerved it 😀 Filled with amazing things for your body including cholerella, spirullina, blue-green algae and of course kombucha cultures, this living, probiotic goodness is a must try!
Okay back to normal programming…
More Proats! Are you sick of them yet? 😉
- Last spoonful is always the bestest! It gets allll the goodness.
- PB&J pre-workout proats. 1/2 a peanut butter jelly Questbar, peanut butta, blueberries and peanut butter marshmellow Cellucor whey in the base. Yum.
- Apple Pie Proats! 1/2 apple pie Questie, cinnamon swirl Cellucor whey in the base, apple bites sauteed in 1/2 tsp coconut oil and cinnamon and apple sauce.
- Restday proats of strawberries, blueberries, raw cacao nibs and peanut butta.
- Typical post-post workout lunch of roasted brussels, chicken breast (with Ms Dash seasoning and chili flakes) and a new find…purple sweet taters! Yum! They were roasted and dipped in sriracha of course
- Baked haddock with basil pesto, chili flakes and goat cheese with typical chard sautee, avocado and roasted kabocha
- AMAZING salad! normal roasted veggie salad with spinach, mixed greens, avocado and one grilled marlin and veggie kabob. Topped with my homemade dressing. Delish!
Oppppsidaisies…completely forgot one collage! So this one will be a day late but it’s here now 😀
- Random Casein Mugcake after coming home late. No time for pudding so I turned it into my first attempt at using casein in a mugcake. Turned out pretty well actually. Unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush so I kinda didn’t write the recipe down…I will attempt again so that I can get the measurements right but for the most part it incorporated most of my normal pudding ingredients just heated up (1 scoop ON chocolate casein, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, 1 tbsp +1 tsp natural chunky peanut butter…and maybe an egg white and extra water for this creation.
- My new lovely snack all thanks to Kierston at Candyfit. Check out the recipe here
- Restday midmorning snacky: One serving of my Candyfit protein muffins with some chopped apple slices and cinnamon swirl ‘icing’ (2/3 scoop of cinnamon swirl Cellucor whey + unsweetened almond milk) for apple dunking and spreading on my pipin hot muffin. Mmmmm! That whey makes the most AMAZING tasting icing/dip no lies.
- Random pancakes I threw together for my boyfriend one morning. I decided to attempt the 2 egg + 1 banana pancakes and well they were too watery…so I threw in some coconut flour (1 tbsp I think), flax meal (again 1T I think), half a scoop of cinnamon swirl whey by Cellucor, cinnamon and a pinch of baking powder and then cooked them up in some coconut oil. I topped them with sauteed apple pieces, a few spoonfuls of plain greek yogurt, my homemade Nuttzo and pure maple syrup. They were very much enjoyed.
Thats all folks, hope you had a good hump day!