I have a new recipe for ya and this one was mind blowing good! I had wanted to combine my love of Quest bars and oatmeal in baked form for a long time and leg day was the perfect day to do so. I present to you:
Oh she’s a beauty and the taste was out of this world yummy! Think ooey gooey banana and cookie dough pieces baked into a super moist chocolate cake topped with more melty banana, peanut butter and crunchy baked cookie dough nuggets. Did I sell you yet? Oh….and it’s clean 😉
Check’em facts out!
Low sugar? Check! Lotsa protein? Check! Aaannd it does in fact have fiber in it I just couldn’t calculate how much…This would make a wonderful breakfast for just about anyone looking for something yummy and filling (hello protein and healthy carbs!). I had this before my leg workout and it fueled me effectively for that purpose!
Well if I haven’t sold you yet, here’s some more FOODPORN for ya. Everyone loves foodporn right?
Sooo want the recipe yet? Here ya go…
1/2 cup +1tbsp Oats
1/2 scoop Garden of Life Chocolate Raw Protein
1 tsp Psyllium Husk
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Liquid Egg White (or 1 egg white)
1/2 a Banana
1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 cup Water
1/4 of a Cookie Dough Questbar.
1.2 tbsp Natural Crunchy (or smooth) Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1/3 of your banana in the microwave then add your almond milk and egg white and stir up.
- Then add your oats, raw protein, psyllium husk, cinnamon and a few tbsp of water and combine. Keep adding water as needed to get a smooth ‘cooked oatmeal like’ consistency.
- Dice a 1/3 of your banana and your Quest bar and fold those in (leave a few pieces of the Quest bar for topping).
- Pour into a greased/sprayed foil cup and bake until the top is firm and the edges are pulling away from the side slightly. Mine took about 20 minutes.
- Once done, take out and let rest in the container for a few minutes before flipping out onto a plate.
- While its rests, make your TOPPING: Mix 1/3 scoop of chocolate protein powder with some water until you get a thick icing consistency and spread that on your cake.
- Top with the last 1/3 of your banana (nuked), left over quest bar pieces (I baked mine) and 1/2 a tbsp of natural peanut butter.
- Faceplant and Enjoy!
I hope your tastebuds sing just like mine did with this delicious and healthy breakfast treat! 😀