Hey Friends 😀
Happy Memorial Day weekend to all my American friends out there. Hope your long weekend was absolutely fantabulous! As for the title of this post, no I did not randomly get married. Instead, I had the pleasure of seeing my oldest cousin get married to her boyfriends of like forever. So sweet! She was a stunning bride. Her dress. Her sparkles (she was wearing a gorgeous blinged out headpiece that caught the lil eyes of this glitter lover). And her smile that was filled with joy and lit up the entire room. I’m so happy for her and Dan to
start continue enjoying their lives together and I hope that their journey is filled with wonderful times to come. They make a truly amazing couple! 😀
Here are a few snaps from the big day. In the top right we have the newly weds and rotating clockwise we have Andre and I, mother daughter duo, a beautifully lit room in the hotel, the bf again (I love this guy 😉 ) and daddio and I. Unfortunately for you, I was a bad food blogger and really failed at picture taking at dinner…ooops. That’s what happens when there are courses and lil miss fitness freak is huuunngry. I hope you forgive me.
Here’s what I did manage to remember to snap. The first course was a cute heart-shaped ravioli dish. I opted for the salad instead as there was just way too much cheese for my lactose intolerant belly to take. The second course (sorry for the blurry pic) was Prime Rib atop roasted asparagus, peppers, carrots and potatoes. Despite allotting this meal as my weekly “cheat meal” I still had a lil bit of a tough time with the meat. I have never had prime rib before and although it was yummy, I ended up carving half of it away due to being too ‘grizzly’ for my liking. I know I know, that’s where the flavour is, but I just don’t like eating fat. Annyyyways, moving right along to dessert, which by the way, I forgot to snap a picture out so my friend Google helped me out ;-), we had red velvet cake (very trendy cake choice this year it appears) with what everyone was calling a marzipan-like icing/frosting. Although I’m not a cake person, because I had never tried this before, I had a few bites.
After dinner we got to get up and dance our lil tushies off before calling it a night due to me having to work the next day. It was a super fun day and I really enjoyed getting to see my family as I rarely get to see the Cross family in its entirety. Yay for family reunions 😀
So that was my big event for the week, but because this is WIAW, I figured I would show you a few more things that I enjoyed nommin on this week.
Monday’s pre-workout oatmeal. Check out the recipe for my banana bread oatmeal here
aaaannd more proat creations, this time it’s banana strawberry cheesecake a la Quest
I will say it again, if you have not experienced the deliciousness that is Quest bars you need to get on that right away! This was a cookie dough bar that I tossed in the toaster oven for 5-8 minutes at 350 degrees. Perfection!
Speaking of Quest bars, I think I have a bit of a problem…
….this was my latest Quest order (plus an unpictured box of cookie dough bars too). Oops…. SorryI’mNotSorry I just love these things and never want to come close to running out. Those larger packages peeking out from the back of the pile are the Quest Cravings, which are a healthier version of Reese’s peanut butter cups. So good! Whenever I have a sweet cheat/treat I top it with one of these babies. Quest addict? I think so.
I also got around to baking yet another version of banana bread, which I will post up a lil later so make sure you check back 😉
Other than those, there was nothing really noteworthy as I was workin at my new job quite a bit (newb in training) which meant that I was always eating on the go…or out of my apron. But, I don’t want to leave you guys hanging, so here’s one last thing that I enjoyed last week before one of my morning workouts:
Baked Banana-Chocolate Protein Oatmeal
1/2 cup of oats
1 scoop chocolate Sunwarrior Protein Powder
1/4 each unsweetened almond milk and water (water give or take)
3/4 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Topping: 1/3 scoop peanut butter marshmallow whey (or another chocolate or peanut butter flavoured whey protein powder), few tbsp of almond milk (or water) and 1 tsp cocoa nibs
- Melt 1/4 of your banana in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add your milk, chia seeds, cinnamon and peanut butter and mash and combine until the peanut butter is well dispersed.
- Add you oats and Sunwarrior to the bowl. Add you water and combine. You want a thick but moveable consistency (similar to cooked oatmeal), so if your mixture is too dry following the addition of the water, add more lil by lil. Dice the rest of your banana and fold into your mixture.
- Spray a small mold (I use an aluminum cup) and scoop your oat mixture into it, smoothing out the top so it’s level.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the top is set and the sides are beginning to pull away from the tin. Let it cool for a few minutes (or overnight like I do) and when you are ready to eat it, flip it out of the tin so that it’s upside down and broil it for a few minutes to brown the top. *** you can skip this step, the top will just be a lil bit softer***
- While your cake is broiling, mix your protein powder with a lil bit of water or milk to make a thick ‘icing’ and when your cake is finished, spread your icing on the cake (including the sides)
- Top with your cocoa nibs and enjoy!
Happy Humpday Friends
You can’t buy happiness but you can buy ice cream, and that’s kind of the same thing – unknown